Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Back Home

We got up at about 7 AM in Dublin today, to leave for home.

We had a quick breakfast, and made our way to the airport. We returned the rental car (total distance driven: 1340 km [832 miles]) and found the checkin area for Continental.

Aer Lingus (Ireland's national airline) has awesome planes!


That's a shamrock on the tailfin. That's so awesome. I didn't take a picture of our plane....

First, we had to fly from Dublin to Shannon. Flight was delayed, and then only took 29 minutes. In Shannon, we had to de-plane, go through US immigration, and get back on the plane. I somehow managed to get a knife to this point, in my carry on. Before reboarding the plane, the US Dept. of Homeland Security did a bag search and found it. I don't know how this made it through security in Dublin, but I guess they're not as concerned. It was probably a 8 inch, serrated blade, with a dual-pointed end. Basically a cheese knife. Brought it on the plane. Hmm.

The flight was only about 7 hours, and we got two lunches. I busted out the video camera and got some great footage of landing and take-off again in Shannon. That whole thing about "turn off portable electronics"... pff. I was listening to the ipod, too.

This concludes the Ireland 2007 vacation. I hope you enjoyed reading this. If you made it this far, congratulations. The grand total for pictures is.... (drumroll) 1173 pictures! Not bad, not bad.

Suggestions for custom views of the photo album so far: all of the road signs, all of the pictures of me and Sabrina, all pictures of random weird things. I'll think about it.

-Keith

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aer Lingus.... aaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha aaaaaaaahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha











aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahah
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa